Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Workout Tech to Try!

If you're anything like me, you know how tricky it is to get back into shape. Compound that with tons of holiday treats, and hell you've got yourself into a rut. Like I talked about in my last post, new years is a great time to realign your goals, but having some shiny new things to get yourself moving is an awesome way to kickstart. Here are a few things that I've been loving to help me ease my way back into shape:
Nike Training is by far my favorite new workout app of 2014. The workouts range from 15-45 minutes, so theres no excuse not to sweat it out. Another awesome bonus is that you are able to download each workout individually, so the app doesn't take up alot of memory space on your phone or tablet. Also, if you're anything like me, you don't know what "Alternating Froggers" or "Turkish Get Ups" look like. Fortunately, Nike Training includes videos (with super in shape models) showing us earthlings how to do them. As an added bonus, while doing the workouts you get a notification when you have 10 seconds left...(whewf!)

Next up: 

8Tracks is a website that I've been using for a few months now, but I wish that I knew about sooner. It's really bomb. Same idea as Pandora, except you enter the "mood" that you're in, and user submitted playlists will generate. There are thousands of "Workout" playlists, ranging from upbeat cardio mixes to heavy hitting lifting beats. Listening to these playlists gives me great ideas of songs to download, keeping me entertained and energized during workouts.

Fitradio is an another awesome music resource. I wouldn't use this app al the time, but if my music on my ipod is feeling stale, this is an awesome app to use. You can select any genre and fitradio will provide you with comercial-less music for your workout. Definitely an awesome "in a pinch" tool. 

I hope you enjoy these picks! What workout apps are you loving? Tell me in the comments! 

No comments :

Post a Comment