Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014

Where the heck did 2013 go? I have to count my blessings to have had a year full of good health and travel. It's a shame that it takes a major holiday for most people (including myself) to think about and reassess their goals, but taking the time to appreciate where you are and where you'd like to be is so important. 2014 is going to be an important year for me. I'll be graduating in the spring, hopefully finding myself a job, and transitioning from the wonderful safe haven that is Durham, New Hampshire into the "real world" (which will probably look like my parent's basement for the next year or so, ha).

So like I said, I'm not huge on New Year's resolutions, but since this does feel like a pivotal year for me, I wanted to set some fresh new goals for myself to start the year off on track. If I write them, and they live somewhere on the internet, that means they exist. 

Body:
  • Try to eat less meat, more vegetables
  • More WATER. Much more water.
  • Exercise more: Atleast 3 days a week for an hour: Ideally 5 days.
  • Shoot for less sugar, and less caffeine. 
  • Start yoga (so stereotypical, but I love it every time I do it.)
Mind:
  • Learn what I want out of a career: What I know so far: I want to travel, to create and to work with people. Expand on this.
  • Reach out to friends that I haven't talked to in a while.
  • Read more.
  • BLOG MORE. Goal: Blog post atleast once a week. It's cathartic, and people may just think I'm interesting!
Soul:
  • Find ways to travel. Including begging, borrowing and stealing: just make it.
  • Learn how to do something new, or try something new each month. 
  • Give myself credit where credit is due.
  • Say sorry first.
Can't wait to see what 2014 brings. 


Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.- Mother Teresa

No comments :

Post a Comment