Monday, June 24, 2013

Inspiration

So since I've been working at my new job, with my new shiny cubicle, with new shiny pens and new shiny co-workers, I feel like I've been smacked with the question: What do I want to do with the rest of my life. 20 is too old to goof off on the beach all summer, but too young to be in full blown career mode. So what to do?

The senior vice president of HR, who happens to be a woman gave the female interns some great advice. The first thing I gained from her talk was to look as the "career ladder" as a "career lattice" instead. Try different things, see what works and what doesn't. If you climb a rung that you're just not feeling, scootch to the left or right and try something new. And find mentors that will guide you on your new path.

Another thing that I've been clinging to that seems to be a reoccuring theme is to find your talents and passions and mold them into a job that works for you. While I certainly don't have all of them figured out and discovered here IS what I know:

1. I am an extremely creative person, and I am drawn to all things beautiful, eccentric, outside-the-box and colorful. I like to look at them and I also like to create them. If I could be paid to innovate and make I know I would die happy.
2. I am outgoing. I like to talk to people, and I like to think people like to talk to me.
3. I like to be a leader. I feel comfortable directing a group of people and feel frustrated when I am unable to be in that role.
4. I work well under pressure.


The more I think about it the more and more I feel that I should be in events. I think I would excel in it, now the question is: How to get there?

 

 


1 comment :

  1. Welcome to your new job and I think you completed this successfully with great support all. If anybody want Lombard transit system then see..lombard airport Lombard Taxi services to and from Midway, O'Hare and the Loop

    ReplyDelete