Monday, December 17, 2012

Food Food Food

Clearly I've been slacking on my promise to try and write every day. I promise I'll be better soon! In the meantime, I figured maybe I'd do a quick update on all the COOKING I've been doing lately. This past weekend was a total sweatsido weekend for Den and I  
Stylish, I know. Anyways, this lucky guy grew up around four amazing woman which means a high bar for me for cooking. With finals coming up I was super short on groceries as well, which meant some creativity for me. To kick off the weekend, I made skinny chicken parm from skinny taste.
I actually really loved this recipie. I don't know how "skinny" this recipie REALLY is, but Dennis loved it and so did I. Quick pile of arugula on the side with some balsalmic, perfect "saturday night in" meal. Here's the recipie:
Ingredients: 
  • 4 (8 oz) chicken breast halves, sliced in half to make 8
  • 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
  • 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (I used whole milk mozzarella)
  • 1 cup marinara
  • cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.

Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
The next night, I made chicken using the breadcrumbs the same way. This time, I added spicy taco seasoning to the breadcrumbs. It actually turned out really delicious and spicy. I think I would have been happy with half a packet, but really yum nonetheless.
 
Image from eat yourself skinny
For dessert, I made Funfetti cake dip from eat yourself skinny. All it is is a box of funfetti cake mix (my fave), plain yogurt (I used vanilla greek yogurt) and cool whip. The recipie calls for animal crackers to be dipped in it, but I'm more of a vanilla wafer gal. I wasnt in love with it at first, but suprisingly it totally grew on me. I don't know if it took a few hours to come together, but I woke up the next day to finger tracks in it, so I know I wasn't the only one who liked it!
 
Last but not least, I made rolo stuffed snickerdoodles. These were SO amazing, and literally took five minutes to make. I used store bought cookie dough, and sort of formed it around each rolo, making equal sized balls. Then I rolled them in cinnamon sugar, and baked them off until they were brown. So so easy, and they looked difficult. Definitely adding this recipie to the Christmas cookie line up.
 
This post is making me too hungry...work needs to end!
xoxo Jackie

No comments :

Post a Comment