Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Fab Guide to Surviving in the Land of Bread and Cheese

As wonderful as all of this food has been for the past week or so, it sometimes becomes too much.  Now that I've finally navigated my way around the market, and have been able to pick up some reasonable options, and am so looking forward to the preservative-less, fresh picked options. Am I going to refrain from Gelato or my favorite pasta dish? Heck no! But substituting meals that are generally nutritionally lacking and full of the bad stuff with better alternatives will keep me in check, and allow me to splurge when I want. Everything in moderation.

Also, another big announcement....I will be running a 10K in april here in Italy! To check it out, click here . It's no marathon, but running a 6.5 mile race is something that I've never done before, and is a step in the right direction towards longer distances and races. Also, I'm hoping that if I blog about it, It will hold me accountable for keeping up with my training. Further details to come! But for now....

My first creation in Firenze!
Instead of a pastry....

No comments :

Post a Comment